Fletcher Building’s 2020 Graduate Programme – applications now closed.
You know what you want: you want to build a solid, successful career. And since you’re at the planning stage of this life-changing project, now’s the time to make sure you start out with the best possible foundation. You need strength and stability – but most importantly – you need confidence in the knowledge you’re joining a business with a track record for building greatness – in products, people and overall purpose.
At Fletcher Building, we’ve had our roots firmly in New Zealand for over 100 years. Today, our operations are focused on the manufacture and distribution of building products in Australia and New Zealand, as well as housing development and major infrastructure and roading projects in New Zealand only.
For you, it all begins with our purpose-designed Graduate Development Programme. We’ll put you right at the heart of our Australasian operations – working alongside industry leaders and inspiring colleagues for the ultimate insight into what makes Fletcher Building tick. Will it be challenging? Yes. Will it be rewarding? Of course. Is it the ultimate way to make your future? Absolutely.
Our Graduate Development Programme is designed to set you up for the future. With a focus on professional development, you will learn about Fletcher Building and its business units, develop your commercial acumen, focus on how to be productive, and how to personally develop yourself and your career. And alongside this, you will gain technical experience in your area of expertise. Our graduate roles vary across Corporate, Manufacturing and Construction, and whatever your expertise, we will support your journey. With exposure to multiple areas of our business, a mentor on hand every step of the way, and a network of graduates across the industry, we’re setting you up for success – success shaped around your interests and broader career goals.
The Programme – details:
- One year Graduate Development Programme, focused on developing first class professional skills (this may extend within the business unit you work in, depending on your area of study).
- Relevant technical training and development, depending on your area of study
- You’ll be assigned a mentor who is a senior leader within the business
- You’ll have a ‘buddy’
- You’ll have a network of graduates across the group to socialise with and build your professional connections
- Whilst our Graduate Programme is a one year programme, we offer permanent full time jobs.
- Our Graduate roles are based in a number of locations throughout New Zealand and Australia.
Fletcher Building corporate opportunities:
- Accounting & Finance
- Information Technology
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Process Engineer (Mechanical or Chemical Engineering)
- Control Systems Engineer (Mechatronic or Electronic Engineering)
The opportunities are endless at Fletcher Building. Whilst you need a degree of some sort, it doesn’t necessarily have to be limited to the discipline you are applying for. For example, we’re open to considering Commerce, Marketing or Finance Grads for our IT Graduate roles. It more about the person, your transferrable skills, your attitude and personality!
Fletcher Construction opportunities:
- Civil Engineering
- Quantity Surveyors
- Construction Summer Interns (see below)
Construction Summer Interns
In addition to the Graduate Development Programme, we also have a Construction Summer Internship Programme. This involves paid work over the summer months from November 2019 to February 2020. The programme is designed to give 2nd and 3rd year Civil Engineering university student’s invaluable experience in their area of expertise, alongside exposure to working at Fletcher Construction. A high number of our interns progress into joining our Construction Graduate Programme after completion of their degrees.
For more information, contact Rochelle Grant, Graduate Programme Talent Acquisition Business Partner at email@example.com or 09 525 9076
For news and updates visit our Facebook page –Make Your Future